Our client is one of the UK’s most respected Civil Engineering contractors operating across London & the South East for over 40 years. With a reputation for safety, delivery, innovation & working on the UK’s major landmark projects for Public & Private sector clients they wish to appoint an influential Business Development Director to lead continued profitable expansion.
- Reporting into the Managing Director you act in a highly client facing role to negotiate projects from £10m - plus with clients including Main Contractors, Developers & direct.
- You will maintain current key customer relationships ensuring repeat business and systematically target new business, building winning relationships built on trust, delivery & innovation.
- Acting in a role working closely with internal department heads you will be able to influence and be collaborative in your approach.
- Ideally Degree in civil engineering qualified with considerable experience in Business Development in the contracting sector with expertise in Civil Engineering & Infrastructure Contracting you will be able to demonstrate a track record of winning work at profitable margins forging long term relationships.
- With a proven ability to negotiate & influence at board level you will have a black book of existing customer contacts & the experience of winning new work in the region with Major Contractors, Public & private sector developers & major Builders.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work constructively within a team-focused environment within the senior management team.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills. Able to articulate to the customer and senior management the value of key business propositions.