Our client is a globally present and highly specialist food agency who work closely alongside processors to increase their operational capabilities and profitability. Due to planned growth, they are looking for fresh talent and are looking to appoint a business unit director to drive the performance of a multifunctional team.
- Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, and a key member of the global senior leadership team you will operate in a highly autonomous leadership position with complete responsibility for the innovation function/ business unit.
- Will manage significant budgets whilst leading and mentoring a globally mobile multifunctional team of 20+ including Business development/ Commercial, R&D, and Innovation leads with 4 direct reports.
- Will work closely alongside senior leadership peers, producers/ manufacturers and government bodies to ensure overall success, whilst actively engaging with International partners to establish best practice.
- Will lead various strategic project/ research programmes utilising both internal and external resources.
- Ideally educated to degree level in a technical or Business discipline, you will be a collaborative and empowering leader with an excellent understanding of food processing/ manufacturing and supply chain processes.
- Significant experience leading operationally centric projects, with the ability to prove you can add value to an ambitious senior leadership team during a period of growth.
- Exceptional communication skills with the gravitas to represent the business across various platforms globally. Both Private and public sector experience would be highly advantageous.