Buying Director Retail
Marketing, PR & Advertising
FMCG / Consumer Goods
Base Salary: £110,000
About this position:
Our client is a leading Grocer with a rapidly growing brand in the UK and throughout Europe. Due to such growth and a period of major transformation, they are looking to appoint a Buying Director for a non-food category.
- Reporting directly to the Group Buying Director, you will design and deliver a category growth strategy with full strategic autonomy.
- You will work closely alongside suppliers and peers to ensure that group profit and market share growth targets are achieved and exceeded.
- Predominantly operating in a branded environment, you will be a key member of the trading team as they expand into new private label markets.
- You will drive sales through both retail and Ecommerce channels. You will work closely with the Ecommerce function to grow the company’s online product offerings and develop a sustainable growth strategy across a new digital sales platforms.
- Of graduate calibre, you have the ability to prove that you can significantly increase revenues and profitability within the UK retail sector, preferably from a grocer background.
- You will be an experienced leader with the gravitas to mentor and develop a multifunctional team with several direct reports.
- You will have strong communication skills and the ability to assess current and potential market/category trends to ensure that group-wide targets are achieved and exceeded.
- You will be capable of creating lasting mutually beneficial relationships with a global supplier base.