Our client is a pan European Variety Retail Group with a rapidly growing UK & International presence. Due to such growth they have restructured the senior leadership team and are looking to appoint regional buying directors.
- Reporting to the regional Managing Director and a key member of the senior leadership team, you will design and deliver a buying strategy covering various categories including grocery with complete strategic/ budgetary accountability over performance.
- Will work closely alongside both UK and International suppliers to ensure profit and market share growth targets are achieved and will work closely alongside broader commercial functions during a period brand transformation.
- Will lead and mentor a multifunctional team with 6 direct reports during a period of change and assist where required in the overall success of the business.
- Degree educated with exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to prove you can significantly enhance commercial performance through the deployment of your buying strategy in a relevant retail centric environment. Exposure to a variety of FMCG categories including Food would be highly advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills with extensive experience creating long term collaborative relationships with suppliers.
- Will be keen to work in a growth environment where you can utilise both your buying and commercial skills to increase overall business performance.