Commercial Vice President Ref CVP/896/42
Defence & Security
Full exec Package, Personal and company performance bonuses
Friday, 5 January, 2018
About this position:
Our client is a globally recognisable defence prime with various autonomous business units for Air, Land and sea application. Due to promotion there is an immediate need to recruit a Commercial Vice President.
- Will lead and manage the commercial team and act as a member of the leadership team contributing to the day to day oversight and strategic direction of the business unit
- To develop commercial strategies to meet customer and business requirements to ensure the risks, liabilities and commitments of contractual agreements are understood and appreciated by the business and balanced with potential profitability.
- Will contribute to the shape and delivery of the Business Plan, achieving sustainable top and bottom line growth and maintain a high level of customer and partner relationships on UK and Export programmes
- Leading governance within the bidding process to ensure that the company’s requirements of the contract are being complied with leading senior negotiations for highly complex multimillion pound contracts
- Ensure the commercial team engage appropriately with the legal department and provide leadership in complex legal disputes
- Develop the commercial team; manage the career development framework, personnel development plans and succession planning.
- Degree educated with career experience in this field managing and leading commercial negotiations with international prime contractors, UK MOD and/or other ministries of defence.
- Experience gained in defence or defence related sectors with a successful track record at a senior management level delivering commercial leadership and strategic vision whilst coaching and mentoring a commercial team
- Evidence of contracting in Export markets and in highly complex multimillion pound programmes
- Demonstrable experience of contributing to the broader business agenda in regard to commercial decisions, operations and customer delivery.