Our client- is Irelands Seafood Development Agency with primary responsibility for the sustainable development of the Irish seafood industry. The Development and Innovation Services Director reports directly into the Chief Executive Officer and will be a key member of the senior leadership team.
- You will be responsible for providing the strategic vision, planning and operational leadership of the DIS unit.
- You will have responsibility for significant areas of policy, lead large diverse teams of people, including innovation technical and business staff. Managing frontline service delivery and implement cross-functional initiatives.
- To play a central role in driving organisational change, making a significant contribution to shaping the future of the seafood industry in Ireland. Improving standards of service delivery, with an increased focus on outputs and outcomes.
- To communicate and network effectively with key stakeholders in Industry, Government, Partner Agencies, Media, and Suppliers. To represent the department, sector, and State at home and abroad.
- You will be Degree educated or equivalent with experience in a Senior Management Strategic role with a proven track record in the delivery of complex high value projects, ideally in the Seafood or Food sector.
- Experience of building and developing relationships with customers and key contacts. Commercially astute with experience of complex budgeting, financial planning and management, contract drafting, negotiation, and procurement.
- Capable of developing new insights, providing innovative solutions to make organisational improvements. Ensures that objectives are met by translating overall strategy into objectives.
- Proven negotiation and conflict resolution skills, effective planning of projects, maximising available resources and setting achievable timeframes.