Director of Engineering and Programmes
Defence & Security
Company Car or Allowance, Bonus- STIP/LTIP, Medical Care, Pension/ Life Insurance
About this position:
Our client is a leading Global Aerospace Manufacturing business of highly engineered electro/mechanical devices. This is a challenging and rewarding position working for an exceptional company with exciting growth plans.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the professional delivery of all the Engineering and Programme requirements within this multi-site UK business.
- You will be responsible for a team of 45 people, which includes both Engineering Managers and Project Managers, across 2 UK facilities and a further facility in India.
- You will be responsible for all New Product Development, Technology Roadmap, Project Management and Programme Delivery. Closely working with the Commercial/Sales team to determine opportunities worth progressing.
- To establish budgets for both the annual cost of the department and new projects and monitor accordingly. To drive change though continuous product and process improvements.
- You will be Degree Educated in a technical discipline with a proven track record of success as either an Engineering or Technical Director within the Aerospace manufacturing sector. Our client would consider someone looking to step up into their first board level role.
- You will previously have led and managed large multidisciplinary teams across multiple sites. Commercially aware, you will have experience within the Aerospace/Defence industry, with project management, new product development lifecycle and good strategic thinking capabilities.
- You must be capable of developing strong technical relationships with the customer base, supporting the sales team in any project related commercial issue.
- You will have strong leadership skills, to mentor, train and develop the team. You will be comfortable working within a very process and focussed driven, fast-paced environment.