Our client is a leading multinational Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Contractor working with blue-chip clients acoss the Nuclear, Conventional Power, Process, Oil & Gas sectors on New Build, Retrofit, Maintenance & Decommissioning projects. With a global reputation for Health & Safety, Sector innovation & service delivery.
- To ensure processes and resources are in place to support financial planning, financial record-keeping, financial reporting, and the management of financial risks whilst ensuring the Company meets all Statutory Financial and related Legislative and Commercial requirements
- Responsible for delivering consistent, accurate and timely management information (financial and statistical) to all key stakeholders for decision making purposes
- Oversight of the planning, directing and coordinating of the business accounting and administration functions.
- Ensures accuracy and consistency in application of Accounting Policy and Standards and appropriate internal controls.
- Leads budget and forecast preparation, providing information supporting long term planning activities.
- Monitors and manages overheads compared to budget and forecast
- Manage and direct the Finance team to ensure:
- Accurately reported assets and liabilities
- balance sheet accounts are properly reconciled on a timely basis
- full compliance with all relevant tax laws
- compliance with revenue and profit recognition policies
- Analyses, interprets and presents financial results to senior management, comparing budget/forecast to actual, including KPI’s, key business drivers and trends on all areas including revenue and profitability development and overheads.
- Ensure auditable compliance with relevant legal and statutory requirements and achievement of sound corporate governance and compliance with local and group policies.
- Ensure preparation of annual statutory accounts for presentation to the Auditors and submission to the Board.
- To liaise with Auditors on taxation matters, the audit timetable and finalisation of the statutory accounts.
- Preparation of regular monthly/quarterly/annual cash forecasting.
- Communicates regularly with operational and commercial staff to ensure accurate and timely customer invoicing and invoice resolution.
- As a Director of the company, they will be required to exercise the duties and responsibilities of a director and in addition act as Company Secretary.
- Advise the Managing Director and Board of Directors on financial strategy and its impact on company objectives.
- Provides financial leadership as a key member of the management team, providing financial advice and commercial support and actively participating to deliver strategic objectives.
- Actively provide input into company objectives and whether they are realistic given the current and projected financial situation.
- Regularly receive financial reports and compare sales and income targets and projections against the reported figures, suggesting improvements to projection methods and analyse any failings.
- Assist the Board in sourcing prospects for future income by analysing financial trends and any gaps in the market or potential opportunities.
- Represent (with the MD) the Business to the UK Cluster Leads and the representatives of the Shareholders
- Participate in financial, human resources and strategic planning.
- Degree in accountancy and/or an MBA.
- Excellent technical understanding of accounting principles (IFRS and UK GAAP).
- Exceptional technical and analytical accounting skills, specifically in the areas or financial modelling, analysis and reporting
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, teambuilding, and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled communicator, with well-developed verbal, written and presentation ability.
- Familiar with ERP and BI Environments, specifically SAP.
- Experience in effectively undertaking Change Management
- Significant financial experience in the industry including experience in a similar role.
- Extensive budgeting and forecasting experience.
- Management and development of multi skilled Finance, Procurement and Business Services team
Barnaby Stewart Built Environment
Applicants must also be eligible to work in the UK
Unfortunately, due to our high number of applications we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear back within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.