Our client is a leading British Food group who manufacture a range of Private label added value chilled and frozen foods and enjoy a leading market share across UK Grocery and foodservice channels. They are looking to appoint a general manager to lead a c.£50m turnover business unit -Excellent opportunity for a commercial astute food executive looking for their first rounded General Management position.
- Reporting directly to the group MD you will have complete responsibility for business unit performance (c.£50m P&L/ 300+ staff) and focus on increasing both commercial and operational performance.
- Will lead the BU leadership team with 6 Direct reports including Commercial, NPD, Operations, HR and Supply Chain with additional support from group functions.
- Will engage with and create collaborative relationships with customers at the highest level to ensure long and short-term targets are achieved.
- Ideally degree educated you will have a successful track record within the food sector with the ability to prove you can increase profitability by creating long term successful/ collaborative relationships with British customers
- The ability to lead a multi-functional team with excellent customer facing communication skills and a solid understanding of both commercial and technical requirements of UK customers.
- Will be keen to join a growing British business and be committed to delivering long-term success and leadership to a focussed business unit.