Our client has a strategy to focus on developing high-performance materials that are specifiable to their end markets and that differentiate to those of its competitors. They have strengths in innovation and product development and they are market leaders in the materials and manufacturing sectors. They are looking to appoint a Head of Analytical Laboratory.
- This newly created position is based in a world class chemical analytical laboratory where you will have responsibility for the start up of the analytical centre as well as the hiring and training of chemical technicians and the smooth running of equipment.
- Working with senior team members to develop correct analytical approaches and the reporting of results and in a clear and consistent format that facilitates easy decision making.
- Manage multiple parallel analytical projects in line with the innovation hub and business needs across the group.
- You will hold a Master’s degree qualification in organic chemistry, analytical chemistry or general chemistry and will ideally have 3 years’ experience in managing an analytical lab or similar academic environment.
- You will have a sound knowledge of operation and theory of a wide range of analytical equipment and have a strong analytical rigour with solid R&D process management experience.
- Ability to specify newest equipment based on latest techniques and interact with universities and technical institutes and suppliers.