Head of Commercial Ref HOC/896/15
Defence & Security
£75 - 90k Base
£75-90k & Full exec Package
Wednesday, 28 February, 2018
About this position:
Our client is a global engineering support service group with various autonomous business units in the International defence market across Air, Land and sea. Due to promotion there is an immediate need to recruit a Head of Commercial.
- Will lead and manage a commercial team and act as a member of the leadership team contributing to the day to day oversight and strategic direction of a business unit
- Will develop commercial strategies to meet customer and business requirements to ensure the risks, liabilities and commitments of contractual agreements are understood and appreciated by the business and balanced with potential profitability.
- Ensure the commercial team engage appropriately with the legal department and provide leadership in complex legal disputes
- Develop the commercial team; manage the career development framework, personnel development plans and succession planning.
- Ideally degree educated with experience leading commercial negotiations with international prime contractors, UK and international defence customers.
- The ability to lead and mentor a team through both a hands on and strategic approach
- The gravitas and communication skills to represent the business on an international stage
- Demonstrable experience contributing to broader business gains.