Our client is a leading International Group. Their UK business is a leading water sector specialist with integrated design & build capability. Working across the UK with Water Utility clients. They wish to appoint a Head of Engineering for a major Water framework.
- Reporting into the Director of Projects and the UK Engineering Director you will provide leadership and accountability for the design & engineering activities across the region managing a multi-disciplined team.
- As part of the senior leadership team you will provide strategic leadership, quality cost control, technical excellence and innovation whilst developing a high performing team with an integrated design and build culture.
- Work closely with the Client and the wider internal & JV teams and partners. You will manage the process of developing designs from feasibility through to handover and ensure that the necessary stakeholder engagement, 3rd Party liaison, compliance with relevant client and industry standards have been achieved, whilst maintaining a strong health and safety culture.
- The Head of Engineering shall be responsible for engineering resources (such as; Design Managers, Design Leads, Technical Discipline Leads etc...), cost, innovation and the production of project deliverables in line with the client and project(s) requirements.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Engineering qualified and of chartered engineer status you will have expert knowledge working as, an Engineering Manager, Design Manager or a Technically minded Operational Manager on Design and Construction Projects in the water sector ideally within region.
- Managed multidisciplinary engineering teams in geographically dispersed locations across water & wastewater schemes
- With first class oral and written communicator with the ability to work in close partnership with clients and end users.
- Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
- Demonstrable Project Control capability - Control of Budgets and Programs
- General Technical Knowledge across all engineering disciplines.
Barnaby Stewart Built Environment
Unfortunately, due to our high number of applications we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear back within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.