Our client is a leading manufacturer of a range of metal fabricated highly innovated products for both the industrial and domestic markets. Due to continued expansion within their business they wish to appoint a Head of Engineering to lead their design team.
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will be responsible for the professional delivery of the engineering, programme and project delivery of bespoke customer orders, New Product Introduction, and management and improvement of the existing products lifecycle.
- You will be responsible for the strategic planning of all engineering and new product development activities, driving outstanding performance from the engineering team.
- To work closely with business development, operations and quality to ensure business targets and compliance are met consistently at the highest possible levels.
- Ownership of all projects/programmes in NPI phase and transition into production.
- You will be Degree educated, ideally Mechanical or a similar technically related Degree or higher education qualification, with a strong technical engineering background in a manufacturing environment, ideally with an element of metal fabrication or similar.
- Ideally you will be an Engineering Manager although it could suit either a Principal Engineer or Snr Design Engineer looking for the next step up in their career.
- The capability to develop the concept, implementation and introduction of competitive and innovative products that meet or exceed market and customer expectations.
- You must be commercially aware with good experience of new product development life cycle and project management.