Our client is an award-winning British manufacturing group with over 20 years’ experience in the procurement, distribution, sales and marketing of excellent quality products sourced from around the world. They are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and quality levels that is ethically and responsibly sourced and invest heavily in their employees.
- Reporting to the Managing Director and a key member of the senior management you will operate in a multifunctional role with complete responsibility for strategic global sourcing of products and front & back end distribution processes.
- Will manage existing supplier relationships and search for new suppliers, using these relationships to maximise turnover and profitability and generate opportunities for the business.
- Manage product supply while ensuring appropriate stocks are available to meet customer demands, including correct packaging and quality.
- Monitor and communicate supplier and distribution performance in the areas of quality, delivery and responsiveness to corrective actions and sample requests.
- Support commercial peers and customers regarding New Product Development initiatives.
- Ideally degree educated with 5+ years international sourcing/ importing and distribution leadership experience.
- Ideally have experience in an FMCG environment with outstanding communication, negotiation & influencing skills.
- Strong tender and contract management exposure with the ability to prove you can operate in an autonomous role.