Established in 1871 they are manufacturers of dairy products. They distribute internationally, branded and own label products, working in close partnerships with the Multiple Retailers, Discounters, Foodservice, C-Store and Industrial Manufacturing sectors. The company is highly efficient, customer focused and is widely respected throughout the sector. Due to retirement they are looking to recruit a Head of Sales for their UK operation.
- To plan, organise and implement activity to achieve sales targets within budgeted costs and profit parameters.
- Protect and expand listings in existing retailers, discounters, cash and carry, foodservice wholesalers and industrial end-users.
- Identify and build new distribution channels by establishing buying relationships and designing, planning and implementing agreed sales strategies.
- Working from home, you should have proven experience in a sales development role in the food industry, with the ability to work across a variety of trade sectors.
- A proven track record of prospecting, negotiation and effective sales closing within the food trade is essential.
- A strong grasp of costs and margins, you will be highly numerate, a strong, persuasive communicator, both verbally and written.
- Ultimately the successful candidate will be ready to take on full ownership of shaping and running an already successful business in the UK, reporting into the parent company in Ireland.