Head of Technical & Design (Director Designate)
Full Executive Package. Bonus commensurate with success
About this position:
Our client is one of the UK’s fastest growing building materials group, due to continued expansion they wish to appoint a Head of Technical and Design for their timber framed housing manufacturing division.
- To lead and control the technical design function in delivering projects from inception to completion. A pivotal role, reporting to the Managing Director, in a dynamic and fast – paced business with significant sales and profit growth and further growth ambitions.
- To develop and mentor a team of competent, high performing design engineers and Technicians to support the current and future order book.
- Drive continuous improvement of standard operating procedures to raise levels of design quality, output efficiency, promoting safety across the design function.
- To liaise directly with customers and other external stakeholders, which will include site visits. In addition, you will delegate workloads internally to ensure the timely delivery of projects.
- You will be degree educated, preferably in a civil / structural or similar technical discipline and SER or equivalent certification for sign off for building structures.
- With significant experience in a senior technical and design management role, preferably in the timber frame segment of the new build residential market.
- You will enjoy creating and delivering innovative, design solutions for construction markets, particularly new build, from concept to detailed delivery, design and structural analysis to construction delivery.
- A detailed working knowledge of design codes and standards relating to structural engineering, British standards, Eurocodes, building regulations and health and safety.
- With proven site experience and strong commercial acumen, the opportunity would suit either an experienced Technical Director or someone looking to step up into their first senior level role.