Our client is one of the UK’s fastest growing building materials groups, driven by organic and innovation led growth, with a reputation for outstanding customer service and quality.
Currently recruiting for Head of Technical & Design, responsible for management of the Design function, fast growing offsite modular roof business serving UK housing markets.
- Based at one of our sites with regular travel between other sites, this position will be responsible for the Design team based across the UK and Ireland.
- Full Design & Certify responsibilities, the role will focus on delivering design excellence in support of the business’s objectives of achieving significant sales and profit growth; providing innovative design solutions supported by market-leading manufacturing, installation and customer service, the Head of Technical & Design will be responsible for design excellence, whilst driving Quality, Service and Safety standards.
- To lead and control the Design function in delivering projects from inception to completion taking ultimate responsibility for the quality of design solutions in line with expected and agreed standards.
- To develop and retain a team of competent and high performing Design Engineers and support Technicians to support the current and future Order Book.
- Degree educated, preferably a Chartered Civil / Structural Engineer and SER or equivalent certification for sign off for building structures.
- Significant experience in a senior Technical & Design management role, preferably within the timber frame segment of the New Build Residential market. Experience within the Education and Commercial sectors, although not essential, would be a plus.
- A proven track record of creating and delivering innovative, design solutions for construction markets, particularly New Build Residential, from concept to detailed delivery, design and structural analysis to construction delivery.
- Detailed working knowledge of design codes and standards relating to structural engineering such as British Standards, Eurocodes, Building Regulations and Health and Safety.