Our client is a leading manufacturer of primary and added value frozen protein products who supply UK Grocery and foodservice markets with both branded and private label products.
Having recently heavily invested in their manufacturing operations ready for their next phase of growth, they have restructured and are looking to appoint a Head of Technical to lead a multisite pan European operation.
- Reporting directly to the board and a key member of the senior leadership team you will be fully responsible for the management and control of all resources associated with their technical function with complete accountability for technical performance covering food safety, quality, legality and compliance.
- Will act as the key contact and develop close relationships with customers, suppliers and regulatory bodies whilst working closely alongside peers across all functional leadership positions.
- Will design and deliver a group wide technical excellence strategy and manage the development of your multisite team to achieve optimum performance of all staff.
- Ideally holding degree level food science qualifications, you will be an experienced senior quality/technical executive with experience in the UK food sector, direct protein and/or added value food experience would be highly advantageous.
- Previous multisite leadership experience is preferred however not essential.
- Commercial astute with the ability to work closely with commercial and operational peers, you will have the gravitas to represent the business at a senior level, especially in front of the UK grocers.