Our client is seeking to appoint a Commercial Lead to take forward their new commercial and investment agenda on a 6 month term. To lead their Commercial, Innovation and Investment team by managing the council’s commercial offering across their commercial property portfolio, services to schools and the agenda for commercial growth across all services, providing strategic direction to achieve growth while implementing best practice.
- Identify new commercial contract opportunities, taking the lead on constructing robust bids to secure new contracts and long term client relationships for the council.
- Develop strong working relationships with service managers and internal specialists to prepare contract bid submissions and to facilitate a highly effective and embedded commercial, client focused approach to all council services and activities.
- Review and analyse the outcomes being achieved through the councils commercial activities. To investigate customer issues and ensure they are resolved appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to deploy contract and account management skills
- Able to lead officers and partners to secure strategic business outputs
- Advanced skills in identifying commercial opportunities to increase and retain income generation through contract variation
- Ability to cost bids and identify commercial risks
- Office based but need to travel around the UK