Our client is a well-established supplier of engineering services, including maintenance, repair and overhaul. They operate primarily across the Rail sector. They are a well-respected SME with an excellent reputation with a secured pipeline of long-term contracts. Due to continued expansion and a planned programme of business growth, they wish to recruit a Managing Director with a strong commercial/sales background.
- Reporting directly into the overseas parent company, you will have full day to day responsibility for the running of the business. To lead the short-, medium- and long-term business development strategies, which will lead to sustainable, profitable business growth.
- The role will involve a high-level client interaction, establishing, building and maintaining existing commercial relationships, ensuring that the business resources are continually able to satisfy client demands, expectations and market changes.
- You will lead all tender submissions and commercial activities, with the focus on identifying the preferred winning solution. To lead an experienced team to deliver a sales and operational strategy, which exceeds both the company’s and client’s expectations.
- You will have overall responsibility for completing projects on-time and within budget. To further develop several International Partnerships, which will increase the scope of the business and deliver new revenue streams.
- Ideally of graduate calibre, you will have proven sales and operational experience within an engineering services business or similar. You will be familiar with working on a variety of projects and have the necessary leadership skills to lead the team.
- You will have experience of formulating and winning complex bids and have the ability to contribute to fresh and creative ways of improving sales, operational effectiveness and profitability.
- You will be a sales driven individual, who enjoys working in a fast moving and at times, highly reactive, fast moving environment. You will have an excellent understanding of building, managing and enhancing team performance.
- Commercially and financially astute you will have proven P&L experience, project and company budgetary control. In addition to UK travel there will also be a degree of International travel involved with the role.