Our client is a privately owned manufacturer of speciality paper products with a leading market share. Due to planned growth they have restructured the senior leadership and have created a new role.
- Reporting to the managing director you will design and implement an excellence plan covering all manufacturing including engineering and supply chain functions to increase performance and ultimately, group profitability.
- Will lead all sourcing and distribution/ importing processes for raw materials, packaging etc managing UK & international suppliers to deliver exceptional returns.
- Complete responsibility for material requirements, quality assurance, customer service, distribution, production planning, stock and waste management
- Will lead on continuous improvement initiatives and work closely alongside senior leadership peers across all functions to ensure targets are achieved and exceeded
• Ideally a degree level engineer, you will have a proven track record leading multi-disciplined teams in a relevant customer centric/ quality focused environment.
• The ability to prove you can improve operational performance through the implementation of modern continuous improvement techniques.
• Direct experience leading an international sourcing function i.e. managing suppliers to ensure exceptional quality levels ideally in paper or relevant industry.
• A solid understanding and experience delivering exceptional service levels across various functions with the ability to prove you can add value in an organisation during a period of major expansion.