Our client are a privately owned business whose primary focus is the provision of a comprehensive excavation and safety solutions service using in-house resources.
Widely recognised as market leaders in the complete offering of modular and bespoke excavation support systems. They offer complete engineered solutions and promote best practice for all types of excavation works.
- Responsible for component ordering and scheduling, predominantly UK Steel but also a wide range of bespoke internal and external projects.
- Managing a large range of suppliers and working with them to achieve quality procedures and supplier audits where required.
- Involved in purchasing and pricing negotiations at all levels to meet efficient and cost-effective processes within the business.
- Maintain monthly reporting on budgets, cost savings, market pricing and opportunities and communicating these reports to the leadership team.
- Directly responsible for the coaching, training and management of the buying team to continually improve their professional capabilities and effectiveness.
- A good commercial awareness and general understanding of Procurement including experience in the management of a team of buyers and expeditors.
- Comfortable using ERP systems to manage and control procurement processes in a purchasing capacity within a production environment. Responsible for a complex supplier base both internationally and in the UK.
- Effective communicator with the ability to gain trust and build on existing and new client relationships.