Procurement Manager- Consumer Goods PMCG/948/01
Future Executive Talent
FMCG / Consumer Goods
£45K - £55K Base
Car, Pension, Health Care, Life Cover, Bonus
About this position:
Our client is a leading household furniture and kitchen appliances retailer within Europe. Due to growth, they are looking to appoint a new Procurement Manager for their operations in the South of England.
- Reporting directly to the Operations Director, you will be responsible mainly for the purchasing of a wide range of new bedroom furniture lines. However, regularly you will be asked to work across different departments, particularly for the purchasing of company specials and limited time offers.
- You will maintain existing client relations, as well as develop new relations and enter negotiations with potential clients.
- Whilst, remaining aware of and implementing strategic goals and plans, you will have a high level of independence in purchasing decisions and scope to innovate product lines.
- Ideally of graduate calibre, it is preferred that you also hold a qualification issued by the Chartered Institute of Procurement (CIPS). Experience of retail procurement is desired.
- You will have a solid track record in procurement with experience in driving savings and introducing efficiencies. You must possess strong numerate and analytical skills.
- You will have a strong commercial mind and interpersonal skills with experience in contractual negotiations and developing client relations.
- You are an ambitious character, seeking opportunities to advance the career ladder at an accelerated rate.