Facilities & Property
Pension, Life Cover, Bonus
Thursday, 7 June, 2018
About this position:
Our client is recognised as the market leader in design, manufacture and provision of bespoke, modular excavation support systems. They provide complete engineered solutions achieving exceptionally high quality for all types of excavation works.
- Responsible for the training, development and management of the buying team to continually improve the professional capabilities, effectiveness and where possible exceed KPI’s.
- Communicating with the senior business team and updating on progress and justification of spend.
- Management of a wide range of external suppliers and involved with purchasing and pricing negotiations.
- Purchase of materials, products and services whilst keeping within the requirements of the business quality procedure.
- Responsible for component ordering and scheduling. Predominantly steel but also including a wide range of bespoke internal projects on a regular basis.
- Strong commercial awareness and general understanding of the wider business strategy.
- Experience in the management of others within a procurement environment.
- Demonstrable success in a previous procurement role.
- Understanding of supplier relations and dealing with complex requirements for both supplier and client audits.
- A strong team leader, self-motivated and driven by success.
- Must poses a positive approach and an attitude of continual improvement.