Our client is Irelands Seafood Development Agency, with the primary responsibility for the sustainable development of the Irish Seafood Industry. They are looking to recruit a Seafood Technical Services Director, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
- To lead a dedicated team that focus on building the service capabilities and development across areas such as aquaculture, sustainability, inshore fisheries, and fisheries conservation.
- To enable further development within the Irish Seafood sector, via the management of technology transfer projects, facilitation of consultative forums enabling the voices of Irelands coastal communities to be heard, increased uptake in green practices to ensure the sustainability and conservation of species.
- Playing a central role in driving organisational change, you will be ideally placed to make a significant contribution in shaping the future of the seafood industry in Ireland.
- Managing and optimising the contribution of all resources within the business unit. Improving standards of service delivery, with an increased focus on outputs and outcomes.
- Ideally Degree educated with significant management experience, preferably within the seafood sector, including leading teams and managing resources. Strong technical skills are required, ideally within fisheries, aquaculture, or marine related sector.
- A proven track record in the delivery of complex high value projects and an ability to work to deadlines, delivering on time and to budget. Experience of complex budgeting and financial management.
- The communication skills to present/speak at domestic or international meetings or conferences. Contribute to interviews or other media events.
Communicate and network effectively with key stakeholders in industry, Government, partner Agencies, media, and suppliers