Our client is one of the worlds largest freight forwarders and providers of contract logistics. It offers ocean, air and road freight, warehousing and distribution, and integrated supply chain services. They offer a mix of integrated logistics services, underpinned by powerful customer-facing technology across a variety of vertical sectors.
- This is a UK board role, reporting directly into the Managing Director. You will be responsible for the development and delivery of a sales and marketing strategy for the business. To manage, develop and motivate an experienced team, delivering profitable sales revenue growth which achieves or exceeds the company’s expectations in terms of growth.
- To provide input and market intelligence to the Product team to enable and accelerate the business development targets. Provide and support innovation particularly when focused on digitalization and the benefits that could enhance new customer generation.
- There will be heavy focus on developing new business as well as developing and managing existing corporate accounts and the development of key new market penetration. To manage the sales teams, including strategic account managers, who operate across a variety of vertical sectors.
- You will be a ‘hands-on’ Business Development Director with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a proven track record of successful sales delivery within the freight forwarding and contract logistics sector. You will be comfortable in a highly customer facing role, managing, developing and motivating an experienced sales team.
- You will have experience of dealing with major bid processes and be comfortable dealing with a broad customer base across a diverse range of sectors, dealing with both corporate and SME client companies.
- The ability to convert corporate objectives into relevant sales strategies for the business. You will also be prepared to be involved in broader board initiatives and decisions. You will be keen to join an organisation that values achievement and loyalty and has an excellent reputation for employees with long service.