Part of a group, our client is leading, well established Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), training, Consultancy and technology services business. Serving Blue chip clients across the Appliance Manufacturing (Boilers, Heat Pumps, Renewables, Hydrogen & Gas Technologies). Following continued profitable growth, they wish to appoint an entrepreneurial Business Unit Leader.
Key Activities / Decision Areas:
• Reporting to the UK CEO, provide the day-to-day management of the Business Unit
• In collaboration with the UK CEO develop and implement entrepreneurial strategies to ensure the future growth of the business in line with expectations and set targets
• Establish and lead a capable and professional BU team to deliver to the satisfaction of all stakeholders
• Develop and submit stretch but achievable budgets for the business unit
• Manage the Business Unit P&L strictly in line with budget
• Create strong relationships with customers ensuring ongoing business
• Ensure the quality of the services delivered
• Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of business unit activity
• Ensure a safe working environment for our employees for both physical and mental health
• Ensure talent is attracted and retained in the business unit
• Lead career development and mentoring of all key employees
• Ensure the business unit is sales / growth oriented
• Collaborate with the global business sector to agree and introduce new service lines and key customer accounts in UK.
• Work in open collaboration with international colleagues to maximise global opportunities.
• Bring a dynamic, driven and motivated approach to the Company and support the introduction of changes in culture required to maintain the leading edge of the industry.
Essential role related knowledge, technical skills, qualifications and experience:
• 3 Years Management Experience
• Relevant experience of managing Customers Employees and Shareholders expectations
• Strong technical knowledge of the Business Unit expertise
• Experience of P&L Management
• A solid financial and budget management awareness with the ability to work to set targets
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Good working knowledge of typical IT tools (Microsoft Office, etc.)
• Dynamism, aptitude for problem solving and teamwork, practicality, reliability, flexibility, and results oriented
• Exceptional communication skills and interpersonal relations at all levels
• The ability to engage and influence colleagues to achieve common goals and objectives.
• Focuses on the customer- Works co-operatively with customers and stakeholders (internal and external) in order to meet and exceed their expectations. Listening to their input and cares about their views when meeting their requirements.
• Collaborates and Shares Knowledge- Seeks to create learning and collective success through teamwork. Listens to others perspectives, shares knowledge and offers mutual support.
• Delivers on Commitments - Plans what needs to be delivered and then takes responsibility and holds others to account for making it happen. Adjusts plans accordingly to find alternative routes of success.
• Adapts to change – Is able to respond positively to individual or organisational change. Challenging traditional solutions and exploring new options.
• Acts with care, safety, integrity and professionalism – Demonstrates care, trust and integrity in their day to day working.
• People Development – Empowers and allows people to develop themselves within their own professional job family and within a multi-disciplinary environment. Identifying needs and skills through development plans for current and future business success.
• Has a Global Approach – Has a flexible approach to different situations, promoting information flow and integration with all corporate units. Works in international environments through adaptation and cross-cultural management and integration.