Our Client is the UK market leader in the manufacture and provision of remote monitoring systems. The company’s software services platform is a key business resource, providing them with a competitive advantage in the marketplace. They wish to appoint a Development Director.
• To lead the development and delivery of the product strategy, covering all aspects of new product development and the enhancement of the existing products.
• You will have overall responsibility for the technical design, development and delivery of a platform, applications and services for the business to sell and operate.
• You will have further responsibility for the technical operation of the software cloud services and corporate IT infrastructure.
• Working closely with the Product Director, to develop the product roadmap, ensuring full alignment to the marketplace, competitive landscape and consumer demand.
• To ensure effective operations of the company’s IT/OT services and environment, leveraging cloud technology where appropriate. To maintain appropriate software engineering and test processes for build and delivery of the company’s software, managing and leading a large team of Software Developers.
• You will be of graduate calibre with a proven track record of the delivery of commercially successful products and services, coupled to the knowledge of working within a broad technology base, delivering high business value.
• Knowledge of, or an active interest in, the connected home market, especially energy management, renewable energy or home automation, would be an advantage.
• An understanding of service-based business models and delivery of new services through SaaS architecture, will be a key attribute.
• Experience of working with academic institutions to ensure that products and services are built upon sound, research-based learning.