Our client is a registered charity that provides specialist further education, residential care and community support as well as a growing range of employment services which, taken together are intended to enable people with learning disabilities to realise their full potential and achieve full independence.
- Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for the overall operational delivery, quality, safety and sustainability of the care, adult skills and employment services division, ensuring they fully meet the needs of clients and offer good value for money.
- To lead the Care and Independence Directorate by being a positive role model, sharing the same company values and behaviours, transforming the current services to be truly outstanding.
- Develop and implement a strategy for the continuous improvement of operations that enables individuals with learning disabilities and difficulties to develop the skills and behaviours to lead independent lives.
- To contribute to the development of the corporate and business strategy, seeking opportunities to improve financial performance, maintaining and executing plans that include revenue-raising and cost efficiency initiatives.
- You will ideally have held a senior leadership position within any area of care or specialist education, with experience of developing and improving operational capabilities across a range of services, although not necessarily within the Learning Disabilities sector.
- With commercial acumen, you will have the ability to negotiate and establish successful outcomes with both internal stakeholders and external customers.
- The ability to manage complex projects and balance multiple and conflicting priorities, across multiple disciplines. A strategic thinker and creative problem solver, capable of directing and delivering key projects and business strategies within agreed budgets and timescales.
- With excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, you will be adept at presenting complex messages in a variety of ways to different audiences.