Global Buying Director Retail
FMCG / Consumer Goods
About this position:
Our client is a leading UK Variety Retailer Group. Due to continued growth and a period of major transformation, they are looking to appoint a Global Buying Director to oversee all key categories.
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will design and deliver a growth strategy with full strategic autonomy.
- You will work closely alongside suppliers and peers to ensure that group profit and market share growth targets are achieved and exceeded.
- Predominantly operating in a branded environment, you will be a key member of the trading team as they expand into new private label markets.
- You will develop a strategy that harmonises the Group’s several buying functions and creates a consistent approach on a global scale.
- Of graduate calibre, you have the ability to prove that you can significantly increase revenues and profitability within the UK retail sector, preferably from a Variety Retailer background.
- You will be an experienced leader with the gravitas to mentor and develop a multifunctional team with several direct reports.
- You will have strong communication skills and the ability to assess current and potential market/category trends to ensure that group-wide targets are achieved and exceeded.
- You will be capable of creating lasting mutually beneficial relationships with a global supplier base.