Our client is a well-established, profitable multi-sited manufacturing business, a listed PLC with a global client base. Due to a period of acquisitive growth and further planned expansion, they wish to appoint a Head of IT to join their senior leadership team.
• Reporting to the Group Finance Director you will be responsible for the IT infrastructure requirements of the business, which includes running the IT department, ensuring all technology systems and applications support the organizations goals and objectives.
• To develop, implement and evaluate IT projects within the business, liaising with other departments to determine and address their IT needs and requirements.
• To propose strategic solutions and recommend new systems and software, whilst ensuring the maintenance of current projects and technology systems, including a new ERP system.
• Ensuring reported issues are resolved in a timely manner. Building and maintaining relationships with external advisors and vendors.
• You will be of graduate calibre with at least 3 years’ management experience in an IT environment, ideally within a manufacturing business.
• You will be skilled in the analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications, with experience of controlling an information technology budget.
• You will be experienced in creating and implementing IT policies and systems that meet corporate business objectives.
• You will have excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills. An understanding of ERP would be an advantage, although not essential.