Our client is a leading Red Meat processing group who supply primary and added value products to a variety of markets including Grocery and QSR/ Foodservice across Europe. Due to promotion, our client is looking to recruit a technical lead for their flagship UK site.
- Reporting directly to the Site Director and working closely alongside site operational and commercial teams you will have overall accountability for product quality, safety and customer service.
- Will ensure site quality standards meet all regulatory, customer and third party standards and report to management on all areas of potential risk.
- Will led a multifunctional team with 5 direct reports and act as a key liaison with customers on a regular basis.
- Will work alongside commercial and operational peers and directors to implement group continuous improvement and standardisation initiatives.
- Ideally holding a degree level food science qualifications, you will be an experienced quality/technical manager with significant experience in the food sector. Direct red meat/ protein experience is preferred however not essential and would suit alternative added value food expertise.
- Will have extensive experience supplying the UK Grocers with a solid understanding of industry technical/ food safety requirements.
- With proven team leadership experience, you will be commercially astute with the gravitas to represent the business at a senior level, especially with customers.