Head of Trading- Grocery/FMCG Wholesaler
FMCG / Consumer Goods
Logistics & Distribution
About this position:
Our client is a well-established European FMCG Wholesaler Group supplying a broad range of branded Food and Non-food products. Due to European expansion and a recent promotion, they are looking recruit a UK Head of Trading.
- Reporting directly to the UK Commercial Director, you will help to design and deliver effective trading strategies to improve commercial performance and grow market share across several key categories.
- You will lead and develop a multifunctional and cross-category team. You will be expected to identify current and potential market trends to ensure that profit targets are achieved and all customers are retained.
- You will work closely with the Group’s Senior Leadership Team and Digital Lead to help develop a sustainable and profitable Ecommerce function.
- Of graduate calibre, you have significant experience managing a large trading function from within the FMCG Wholesale or Retail Sector, including developing and sourcing products from a wide supplier base.
- You will have demonstrated your ability to significantly increase market share and profitability within the UK Wholesale Sector and across several FMCG categories.
- You will be capable of creating lasting mutually beneficial relationships with both a Global supplier base and a European customer base.