Head of Trading- Grocery/FMCG Wholesaler
FMCG / Consumer Goods
Logistics & Distribution
About this position:
Our client is a rapidly growing UK-based Wholesaler with a broad portfolio across branded FMCG categories. Due to promotion, they are looking recruit a Head of Trading.
- Reporting directly to the Group Commercial Director, you will design and deliver effective buying strategies to maximise revenues, increase margins and grow market share across the Group’s full portfolio of branded Food and Non-food FMCG categories.
- You will lead, mentor and develop a multifunctional team with several direct reports whilst constantly assessing current and potential market trends to ensure that strong customer relations are maintained and profit targets achieved.
- You will work closely with the Group’s Senior Leadership Team and Digital Lead to help develop a sustainable and profitable Ecommerce function.
- Of graduate calibre, you have significant experience managing a large trading function from preferably within the FMCG Wholesale Sector, including developing and sourcing products from a wide supplier base.
- You will have demonstrated your ability to significantly increase market share and profitability within the UK Wholesale Sector and across several FMCG categories.
- You will be capable of creating lasting mutually beneficial relationships with both a Global supplier base and a European customer base.