Barnaby Stewart Care have partnered with an one of the UK’s leading independent providers of specialist education. With an established reputation as a trusted partner of commissioners, they deliver effective education and care services to enable positive outcomes for children and young people aged 5 to 25. We are looking for an exceptional, hardworking and highly motivated Managing Director to cover services across the south of the country.
- You will provide strategic and operational leadership for a wide portfolio of services for young people with a turnover of C.£30M.
- You will provide vision, strategic leadership, effective management and direction for the leadership population who report to this role.
- You will provide commercial leadership and financial leadership and insight, to ensure that Operations Directors and their teams exceed budget targets and understand and take accountability for managing services proactively with regards to financial targets.
- You will lead and proactively review and improve processes to ensure delivery of key performance targets on quality service, safety, employee engagement, occupancy and profit
- Ideally you will already be operating as a Managing Director although ambitious and excellent candidates operating at Operations Director level within Children’s Services will be considered.
- You will have knowledge of acquisitions, major bids, major growth and of leading senior leaders. Knowledge of relevant legislation/statutory requirements associated with SEN education and children’s homes, relevant Health and Safety legislation, and with current carte practice is essential.
- You will be able to demonstrate experience of improving provision, you are an enthusiastic and resilient leader who has the drive, ambition and high standards to build on our achievements and further develop all of our delivery to a position where it is recognised as ‘best in class.’
- You will also have the ability to facilitate and co-ordinate virtual teams as well as developing positive proactive relationships with Operation Director’s and the drive to ensure high quality and performance in the services.