Our client is a leading manufacturer of timber & metal solutions for the construction sector. They wish to appoint a experienced Manufacturing Manager to join the business at their state of the art production facility to manage the day to day operations. The facility operates multiple shits and varied production runs.
• Ensuring a safe, clean and environmentally compliant work environment and building a culture where safety is a first priority
• Coordinate all aspects of production operations, to ensure that all targets are achieved.
• Establish key performance indicators, monitor and improve where necessary
• Organisation and planning of resource within the Production Department to ensure that holidays, training, absence, stock levels and peaks in demand are adequately covered
• Managing the team of employees across the production department including monitoring performance and assessing skill levels and identifying training needs when needed
• Utilise E.R.P and reporting software to forecast production demands and prepare and maintain production reports.
• Promote continuous improvement of product quality throughout the manufacturing process
• Identify areas for improvement and drive forward new procedures regarding 5S standards, OEE and production processes and monitor standards via regular audits
• Direct and manage all Departmental Supervisors to ensure they are trained, developed and carry out their responsibilities to the required standards, establishing clear operational and project goals.
• Responsible for the collection and analysis of production and process data and its effective use to develop and achieve key targets and objective. Analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements where needed
• Develop and implement short and long term plans to ensure that the manufacturing unit has the necessary resources to meet the business objectives.
• Overall responsibility for the implementation of safe methods of work, equipment, and work environment in accordance with Health & Safety Legislation
• Experience of working to strict KPIs
• Experience of recruiting, training and inducting new starters into the team
• Conflict Resolution
• Lean process knowledge levels - Be able to promote Continuous improvement
• Strong negotiation skills
• Experience of implementing and monitoring 5S initiatives
• Ability to work in a team and motivate others
• Trade background would be advantageous
• Strong planning and organising skills
• Interpersonal Skills including listening, verbal and written communication, problem solving, self-management
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Personal Effectiveness
• Planning & Organising - 2
• Teamwork - 2
• Communication - 2
• Problem Solving & Decision Making - 2
• Flexibility - 2
• Developing Self & Others - 2
• Leadership & Inspiring others - 2
• Empowering Others - 1
• Managing Performance - 2
• Recruitment & Selection - 1
• You will be responsible for developing and leading the manufacturing team at all levels to facilitate the organic growth targets of the business. They will develop the manufacturing team to ensure the efficient use of all manufacturing resources in order to achieve daily/ weekly/ monthly production targets.
Construction Directors, Sales Director, Commercial Director, Project Manager, Quantity Surveyors, Contracts Managers, Site Managers, Customer Service Manager, Clients in occupied properties
Design/SOP, Customer Care Department, Installations Department, Production Department, Directors, HS&E