Our client is leading multidisciplined tier one contractor Working across the UK Telecoms sector in partnership with the UK’s leading sector organisations in Fibre, Cable & associated infrastructure. Following continued contract awards they wish to appoint a Quantity Surveyor for their Birmingham office.
- Reporting into the contracts Project manager you will have direct expertise in the Telecoms contracting sector on Fibre build contracts within the NEC suit of contracts.
- Manage contract admin support, Junior QS’s teams supporting & developing them.
- Manage all costs related to the project, minimising the cost of a project and achieving maximum value for money, whilst maintaining the required standard.
- The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for helping Project Managers carry out quantity surveying duties in conjunction with other team members and provide effective financial and contractual control on all contracts allocated in our Telecoms programmes.
- Adhere to and maintain compliance with all Health and Safety procedures within your work. Ensuring you are responsible for yourself and/or team members who report into you.
- To provide comprehensive financial and surveying related information as required by Senior Management, including monthly performance review meetings.
- Completion of feasibility studies, and risk / value management exercises and to provide support to the preparation of cost plans, estimates and cash flow projections.
- Carry out labour target and incentive payment calculations while assisting with project planning functions and helping to define the project budget.
- Provide estimating department with statistical information for new rates and deliver support to operations staff on surveying matters.
- Measurement, certification and agreement of subcontractor accounts.
- To evaluate and determine the works for payment and final account purposes, ensuring a record of dimensions is kept.
- Assist our estimators with additional support as and when pending capacity issues.
- Liaise with client representatives and other members of the team to ensure effective communications and a cohesive working environment.
- Monitor and ensure that full payment is received for all work claimed and certified.
- Preparation and submission of valuations and final accounts and project manage smaller schemes where necessary.
- Record and agree of extra works and day works and all relevant events for delay and loss and expense claims, assisting site management in provision of statistics and other surveying related information for Client meetings.
- Act as sign off for Contractor payments
- Ideally Degree in Quantity Surveying/MRICS qualified you will have direct sector expertse
- Commercial and financial experience within complex projects.
- Experience of various contract types and the legal framework.
- Strong knowledge and experience of contractual requirements.
- NEC3/4 conversant. Telecoms Fibre build experience.
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical engineering and technical drawings.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills required
- Financial Management: Cost Tracking and Budget Planning
- People Management
- Project change controlling
- Delegation and Time Management
- Compiling CVR
- Working understanding of procurement, stock management, health and safety best practice and legislation.
- Good self-discipline with a strong commitment to quality and procedures.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to quality of service
- Positive and helpful manner combined with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal confidently with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.