Part of a group, our client is leading well established multi-utility infrastructure provider & one of the UK's leading provider of energy and utility infrastructure to the new connections market. The group owns and operates over 30,000 discrete networks, serving over one million homes nationwide. They are looking to recruit a National Sales Manager to be responsible for the acquisition of new business and the maintenance of existing accounts
Reporting into the Sales Director you have a proven background in not only business development but also someone who has previous people management experience. You will ideally have worked in a business development role within the utilities sector and will have a tenacious and committed approach to help our established business grow.
Responsibilities will include:
• Ensure that sales performance meets the targets as agreed with the Sales Director.
• Business generation through a system of best-in-class account management. Focussed on Multi-Utility Connections.
• To support other BDM’s when required on the sales of projects.
• Build and develop good relationships with both existing and potential clients, ensuring that our business is in the strongest position to gain future business opportunities.
• Directly manage the relationship with key strategic customers
• Work with Marketing to develop relevant marketing materials and positively contribute towards the development of new products and services.
• Act as an Ambassador in all customer interaction events including conferences, meetings, and hospitality opportunities.
• Provide effective guidance, support and management of all direct reports to ensure that they are best able to achieve their personal and team targets.
• Set and monitor performance of sales team in line with key performance indicators that are kept under close review
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the relevant market sector, initiatives, opportunities, and competitor activity and provide regular feedback to the business of any significant market developments.
• Preferably educated to degree level;
• Background in civil engineering, Mutlitutilities, ICP